Ford Focus Power Window Regulator Installation
- 1). Remove the door panel. The door panel in the Focus is held on by several clips. Gently pull the panel off of the door, so you don't break the clips. Hold onto the door panel and don't let it drop; this could damage some of the wiring inside the door. Gently unhook the wiring from the components inside the door. There will be wiring attached to your power window mechanism, your power lock controls, and your stereo speaker. Lay the door panel to the side with the screws or clips, so you can find them later.
- 2). Remove your stereo speaker from inside the door. The speaker in your Focus is held into the door by several screws; simply loosen them and remove the speaker. Gently disconnect the wiring from the back of the speaker, and place the speaker and screws to the side.
- 3). Remove the window glass from the inside of the door. As you do this, you'll want to make sure you are supporting the window glass from the bottom as you slide it up and out of the door, so it doesn't slip and break. You may want to have a friend help you with this.
- 4). Pull the window glass out of the door, and put it in a safe place. This will enable you to reach the window motor and regulator.
- 5). Unplug the wires from the window motor. You'll need to remove the screws from the window motor and regulator. Then, remove the window motor and regulator to make way for the new parts.
- 6). Install the new window regulator. Place the new window motor and regulator in place, and replace the screws that held them in place.
- 7). Replace the window glass, and connect it to the window motor and regulator assembly. Again, you may want to have a friend assist you in the process so you don't damage your window glass.
- 8). Replace your stereo speaker and reconnect the wiring to the speaker. Reconnect the wiring for the power windows and locks, and replace the door panel, making sure to reinstall the screws that hold the parts together.